lørdag 8. februar 2014

A blue necklace, playing with different materials

I must say that one of my favourite colors is blue. So I decided to play around with a couple of different types of beads and make a necklace.
I wanted the colour blue to really stand out, but at the same time I didn't want it all blue. So I chose a grey, rather thick thread.


This was my first plan. The black at the sides are magnetic beads that I thought would make bit of an interesting addition. But I was not that happy with this as I felt that it did not give the right feel. I wanted more blue colour. So I took a several small beads and sown them into one part of the thread. Then I wanted to add the blue beads that you can see just above the blue heart. However, the holes in the beads were to small for the thread to get through. I tried everything, but then I suddenly decided to try and shred the thread. That worked: 






Here you can see both the part where I have sown the small blue beads into the thread, and also the many, many thin threads that make up one large thread. There were really a lot of them, but as you can see on the right hand side of the picture, I was now able to get the blue beads into the thread. 
I decided to remove the black, magnetic beads as I felt that they did not fit into the new design. 
So the ned result was: 


 I had a bit of the thin thread left, so I made a couple of earrings to match the necklace.


I love the colours, but I am a bit uncertain about the small threads as they are not so sturdy. I may have to think of something new.
I also made a bracelet to match in colour, and I think that I am in love with the grey thread. It is so soft and supple.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar