onsdag 5. februar 2014

Having fun with the kids

I do fall into the trap of thinking that what I think is fun is something that the kids also think is fun.  Perhaps this is because I can find something fun in most things, at least for a little while.
But as my kids get older, especially the boys, I have to admit that I have to think differently. 

I have to balance between following their lead and inviting them into my world. Because it is very easy to also get in the rhyme of following the kids, which is not good in the long run. 
So I try to think of one activity a day that I think is good to do together, even if it is not the most fun thing to do and it often doesn't have to last for a long time either. It can simply be that we train the dog together, look at a tv-series together (chosen by all) or that we just sit together and relax. 

With my kids at least there are usually a lot of opportunities to spend time with them on their terms, watching them play video or computer games while I am keeping busy with a craft or two.

But I do feel that it is very important to invite the kids into the grown up world, in a good manner and get to know me as a person and not just as their mother. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar