søndag 7. september 2014

Getting there in the end

I struggled a bit with this design. I had a very firm image of it in my head regarding the design, but I struggled with getting it into something I could work with. First I started with:


Here I had used string around each bead. However, I was uncertain as to how to get a good placement.


So I tried:


I liked the concept, but when I had finished it, I didn't like it. 

So I used Kuminhio braids and braided with blue and metallic tread with the beads in regular intervals. The result: 



These are three strands of Kumihimo braided strands that are then braided. 
Finally, I got the look I was looking for!