søndag 2. mars 2014

Learning a new technique

I have spent a lot of time this week learning to do kumihimo patterns. I hope the spelling is the same in English as it is in Norwegian.
It is lots of fun, but also a bit frustrating as even the smallest of mistakes can mess up a braid and at least at the moment I can not see the mistake until after I have finished the braid.
I have ordered a couple of bobbins I think they are called that help keep the threads in check. I have found that this is an absolute must! At least with the thinner thread and the wires. So here are a couple of examples of what I have made so far. A bit rough still, but fun!

This is a fairly thick thread. It is easy to work with, but the result is a bit massive. 


 I don't know if it is possible to see, but there is actually a metal wire braided in with the black thread. Fun, but the wire seemed to have a life of its own.






 This is the one I was most pleased with. This is all metal wires, purple and grey. The colours look wonderful with each other and the overall look was very nice.
I have decided to make this into a necklace and I have added a pendant in similar colors.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar