fredag 14. februar 2014

Painting on different glasses

I have never been really good at drawing, it is mostly stick-figures and silhouettes and so forth. However, I do like the painting processes. I like to make colours blend and give a new expression or perhaps a feeling. For many years, I resisted the idee of painting as I could not paint in the "normal" way, my paintings are not lifelike nor are the great abstracts. But I recently started painting on glass, and it is fun to blend different colours and not make a picture, bur rather just decoration. I am sort of just letting the paintbrush move. I did buy a couple of small bottles. I don't know what I will use them for, but they are fun to paint on. Other than that I am using empty jam jars or the like. My part in recycling!

So here are a few of the ones that I am finished with, at least for now:



This has both blue and purple lines and a purple ribbon. I love candle holders, a bit too much at times perhaps, but still. This is what it looks like when I have a small light in it. 



Below is a bottle that I have just made a couple of flower like decoration on. It is a rather small bottle, but it is decorative. 




This is the same bottle, but here I have made green vines up and mixed three different greens. So I have painted on this bottle several times (you may have seen the bottle in its early stages in another description that I have made on my blog)


 Here I am trying to be a bit more lifelike. It is difficult to see in a picture I think, but each of the sides of this jar has a different tree on it and a different season. So on one side there is a tree with it's leaves falling off, in another there branches are bare, than in one there is snow all around and so forth. It was great fun to make, but I do not know what to do with it, yet.




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar